Change Log of Directory List & Print
Modifications And Improvements
Directory List & Print, including features of a file manager, offers extensive possibilities to list, print and export your file and folder lists, your MP3, audio and video file lists according to your demands.
On this page we inform you about the current extensions and improvements of the latest and previous versions of Directory List & Print.
Improvements In The Current Version:
Improved: Sort by duration of media files.
Modifications/Improvments In The Previous Versions (newest versions listed first):
- Show dates back to the year 1601 (Windows-Explorer lists dates from 1980 only).
- Read the title from HTML pages (<Title> tag).
- Highly increased speed when listing files on network drives with basic information only.
- Date and time of last access (if tracked by the operating system).
- Output the list as XLS file in “Excel XML Spreadsheet 2003” format (also without installed Excel available), which can be opened by Excel and Calc. Including hyperlinking of files and directories, if desired. Also available as scripting option.
- Corrected: A translation error prevented writing data into CALC if the system language was different from German.
3.25 / 3.26
- Open the list directly in OpenOffice / LibreOffice Writer and Calc (and other closely related applications).
- Change Editor program for text output (instead of Notepad).
- Improved reading of meta information of Recorded and Encoded date for MTS files, AVCHD, H264, M2TS (Sony).
- Improved reading of meta information of Rating tag for AAC and M4A files.
- Output the list as comma- or semicolon-delimited CSV file.
- Display detailed information for SWF video format.
- Display detailed information for CDA Compact Disc Audio format.
- Display detailed information for DSF Digital Stream Files with ID3 tags.
- Improved display of duration for MP3 files with variable bit rate and no meta information.
- Additional display of personal rating for audio files.
- Improved display of IPTC tag for Source, Editor, Date created and By-Line.
- Action: Possibility to keep the original creation date when copying and moving files.
3.21 / 3.22
- Display details of video files MXF (Sony).
- New column “Video encoded” (often better used than “Video recorded”).
- New column to number files per subdirectory.
- Improved column “Video application”.
- Several other minor improvements.
- Added AUDIO meta tag: Bit Depth (bits per sample).
- Verification of the file type based on the file signature of the content.
- Display of the file type confirmed by the signature, alternatively suspected file types.
- Display of confirmed and suspected file types in plain text.
- In the file list double-click on files and folders to open them directly.
Improved directories overview table: The size, number of folders and number of files are displayed per single directory and cumulated over all its subdirectories.
- Display details of video files 3GP.
- Program interface starts faster and does not need external symbol fonts anymore.
- Error messages are not automatically copied to the clipboard anymore.
- Wildcards placeholders ? and * in the filter of file types and file names/paths available.
- Improved font size adjustment when printing a list if the screen enlargement is set to 125% or more.
- Display of additional file properties according to Windows Explorer like Authors, Date taken, Date acquired, Copyright, Program name, Contributing artists, Album, Genre, Year, Track, Length, Pages, Slides, Word count, Content created, Date last saved.
- Reading file information of Open Document file formats (Open Office, Libre Office, Google Docs, IBM Docs etc.).
- Optimized time zone calculations for documents displaying consistently local time instead of UTC/GMT.
- Display of file properties according to Windows Explorer like title, subtitle, subject, rating, tags, categories, comments.
- Optimized time zone calculations considering daylight saving time.
- Improved conversions of umlauts found in title and description tags.
- 3.12 / 3.13
- Minor improvements.
- New VIDEO meta tags: Genre, Artists, Rating, Law Rating.
- Improved VIDEO meta tags: Director, Producer, Publisher.
- Improved filter for the length of file names and directory names (new).
- Fixed error in the filtering of file types (did not list any files if applicable).
- Improved HTML output.
- Improved table of directory totals with indents and names without paths.
- Improved filter to include or exclude files and directories by certain terms, AND and OR connectable.
- Improved filter to include or exclude files by attributes (Archive, Read Only, Hidden, System, Compressed, Encrypted, Temporary, Sparse File, Reparse Point / Symbolic Link, Offline, Not Indexed).
- Improved display of file attributes (Archive, Read Only, Hidden, System, Compressed, Encrypted, Temporary, Sparse File, Reparse Point / Symbolic Link, Offline, Not Indexed).
- Improved filter for file names.
- Minor improvements.
- Automatic updating of the program to the latest version (when selecting the appropriate menu item).
- Improved “DpI awareness”, does now properly display with Windows screen scaling over 100%.
- Setting to allow column width without predefined maximal limitation.
- Added display of “VIDEO Bit Rate Kbps” in addition to “Mbps”.
- Display the thousands separator with commas instead of apostrophe, if a comma is set as thousands separator in the system.
- Excel column formatting with a decimal comma instead of a decimal point, if a comma is set as decimal separator in the system.
- New action to replicate the listed directory structure without copying any files.
- New search function to find a string in the file list.
- New functions to save and reload complete program settings to/from a configuration file.
- Set home directory and configuration file by drag & drop to the program window.
- New program automation by starting the program with startup parameters: home directory, configuration file, output creation (clipboard, notepad, print, PDF file, HTML file, WORD file, EXCEL file, TEXT file, CSV file XML file).
- Improved context menu for the file list: “Copy selected line to clipboard”, “Copy selected field to clipboard”, “Show properties of selected object”, “Open directory containing selected object”, “Open or start selected object”.
- Display details of video files M4A, M4B
- Several other minor improvements.
- Fixed for Excel output: column width partly to large.
- New EXIF meta tags: focal length, shutter speed, aperture f-stop, sensitivity ISO, color space.
- New context menu for the file list: “Everything to clipboard”.
- Added many new Meta Tags for EXIF, IPTC, AUDIO, VIDEO, DOCUMENTS (please see website for details).
- Added tab “Columns” to select and reorder the columns of the list.
- Added PDF output (page size is adjusted automatically up to A0).
- Added column aligning with blanks for outputting to Notepad-editor.
- Improved rendering and appearance of the generated file list.
- Improved progress indication during output generation.
- Improved speed outputting to Word and Excel.
- Improved speed for various functions.
- Output generation is now interruptible (also for Word and Excel).
- Several other minor improvements.
Previous improvements (most recent on top):
- Display details of video files M2T.
- Output of HTML table with absolute Windows file paths for local use or with relative addresses for the web server.
- Display of file size changeable from Byte to KiloByte, MegaByte, GigaByte.
- Fixed XML output (& character displayed incorrectly).
- Fixed the selection of duration sorting.
- Date output in Excel is now an active numeric date value instead of text and can be reformated accordingly.
- Sort files/directories by name in NATURAL order (like Windows Explorer).
- Sort files/directories by name in ASCII order.
- File checksums expanded next CRC32 to MD5 and SHA1.
- Display of the owner of files and directories.
- New installation program (portable version still available).
- Installer and program are digitally signed now.
- Display details of video files M4V and audio files AAC AC3 DTS.
- Refresh button for explorer tree.
- Action module: file deletion can be prevented by a registry entry.
- Action module: further processing of the files in the file list with a preview of the intended processing. Listed files can be deleted, moved to the Recycle Bin, copied and moved to another destination directory. Already existing files in the target directory can be overwritten or not. The directory structure will be taken over in the destination directory.
- Display and filter for file attributes of encrypted files (EFS, BitLocker).
- Sort files by duration of Audio/Video files.
- Show optional dates in directory overview “Show directory totals only”.
- Set filter on audio/video/image properties (Width, Height, BitDepth, Resolution DpI, FrameRate FpS, BitRate KBpS, SamplingRate KHz, Duration in Seconds).
- Display details of video files ‘Flash Video’ (flv).
- Display details of video files ‘MPEG Transport Stream’ (ts).
- Display details of video files ‘AVCHD (Advanced Video Codec High Definition)’ (mts).
- Italian language version.
- Keep the setting of directory ‘Levels’.
- Display details of video files ‘Blueray MPEG-2 Transport Stream’ (m2ts).
- Display duration of media files in full minutes ‘hh.mm’ and ‘mm’.
- Display of the time in many different international formats.
- Sort files by name, size, date/time, ascending/descending.
- Extension of the XML output for directories with information on the size and number of files.
- Extension of the XML output for files with information for size and all other file information.
- Setting to show the HTML output by the default browser instead of using the Internet Explorer.
- Set filter to certain file size range.
- Set filter to include or exclude files by date range, date created or modified.
- Set filter to include or exclude files by attributes (archive, read-only etc.).
- Display of bit rate for video files.
- Windows 8 compatibility.
- Dutch language version.
- Creation date and time for files and directories.
- Display of file version and program name for executables (exe, dll).
- Hyperlinking of files and directories in HTML output.
- Output the list as HTML table (font and color etc. customizable).
- Output the list as XML file.
- Display of title of document files (pdf,doc,docx,xls,xlsx,ppt,pptx).
- Display of extent of document files if possible (pdf,doc,docx,xlsx,pptx).
- Display details of additional video files DIVX/XVID.
- Display Dots per Inch (DPI) for image files (both horizontal and vertical if different).
- Display details of additional video files Matroska MKV/MKA/MKS.
- Listing optimized when using the option ‘Show directory totals only’ together with filters.
- Alternate time formats for displaying the duration of media files.
- Option to remember last directory selected and reopen it on program start.
- Free sizable window including maximizing/minimizing.
- Adjust the Excel function for hyperlinks to own language area.
- Set filter on length of filenames, eg. to analyze the file system when copying it to a new directory structure (path+filename, filename only, >, =, <).
- Improved display of dimensions like width, height, bit depth for many new image formats and versions.
- Drag & Drop of directories (or a file) from Windows Explorer.
- Selection of directories by entering the path as a text string.
- Better usability with repeated directory selection by the context menu.
- Display of extended format information for audio/video and image files.
- Display of dimensions like width, height, bit depth or frames/s.
- Display of sampling and bit rates for audio files.
- Update file list automatically or manually.
- Calculate CRC32 checksums for files.
- Set filter to include or exclude files and directories by certain terms.
- Fixed: incomplete path in filenames in recursive sub-directory listings.
- Remove path subtitles in listings if requested.
- Possibility to press ESC to cancel long lasting list processing.
- Direct selection of important system directories like “My Documents” etc.
- Recursive sub-directory listing.
- Indication of number of entries of files and directories in the list.
- Automatic saving of display options when exiting the program.
- Start program with a directory path as a parameter.
- Integration of “Open in Directory List & Print” in the directory context menu of Windows Explorer.
- Open directory listing directly in Microsoft Word™ und Excel™.
- Remove file extensions if requested.
Suggestions For Future Updates
Do you have any suggestions for future updates of Directory List & Print Pro? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and inform us about your wishes and requests. We look forward to hearing from you.